Meeting Minutes and Agendas
YANKEE SWIM LEAGUE MINUTES
Wednesday September 9, 2015 - 7:00 p.m. – Trumbull – Hillcrest Middle school
Present: Bill Strickland, Kevin Dawiczyk, Sean McCauley, Jeanne DiGiacomo, Dave Kunces, Dave Heller, Chris Zagorski,Ali Wuchert, Mary Race, Carl Fagerholm, Christina Forristall, Whitney Schieren, Missy Orosz, Jennifer De Blasio, Kim Crowley
Meeting was called to order at 7:15 p.m. by Bill Strickland, Our Yankee League President.
1. Webmaster – update constitution to include League Webmaster. A webmaster shall be appointed by the league to maintain and update the official website, www.yankeeswimleague.org The Webmaster shall be compensated in the amount determined by the league. The term of duty for the Webmaster shall run from May to May. The Webmaster and the amount of compensation shall be determined by the league members at the May Meeting. Sean McCauley is our Webmaster.
2. Treasurer Report – Dave Heller – We have approximately $6,476.00. 2015/16 league dues are $175.00 due Oct 1st to Dave Heller, 29 Coventry Lane, Naugatuck, CT 06770. Dave will order mini rule books for each team.
3. Coaches Lunches – Trials and championship meets – The league will reimburse up to $250.00 for coaches lunches at league trials and league championships.
4. League Dues_- Tabled discussion – May Meeting proposed dues increase $175 to $ 200.
5. Officials Clinic – October 20, 2015 at Naugatuck High School at 7:00 p.m. Please let Dave Heller know how many will attend.
6. Yankee League Jamboree – November 28th, 2015. First year was successful. West Haven will run as it did last year. $10.00 entry fee. Register between 10/01 – 10/31
All entries must be sent to [email protected] – (20 spots per team) this year West Haven will accept food donations the day of the meet.
7. 2015/16 Yankee Swim League Divisions
Bristol New Milford Madison Naugatuck
Trumbull Watertown Oxford Plainville
West Haven Seymour Newtown
Please submit your team schedules to Bill
Mark Forte – Motion made and approved to permit Mark Forte, Watertown Rec.
Swimmer to compete this year.
8. Please submit your meet scores to Sean to be put on the Website.
9. Team Rosters are due to Bill Dec. 1st.
10. All-Stars this year will be Sat. Feb. 27 at West Haven 8:00 warm up 9:00 start
11. 9/10 & 11/12 Trials – Sat Feb. 13th at Plainville 8:00 (9 &10) 1:00 (11&12)
12. 8 & U champs & 13 & O Trials – Sat. Feb. 14th at Watertown 8:00 (8&U) 2:00 (13& O)
13. Champs – Sat. Feb. 20th West Haven 8:00 warm up 9:00 Start.
14. Next League Seed Mtg. – Will be Wed. Feb. 3, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. – Hillcrest Middle School Trumbull
15. Meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
Kim Crowley 9/10/15